Thursday 11 April 2013

The morning walk ......with love to Snowy




                                                               



                                               




I love writing about my pet, my pooch, my Snowy....
Come early morning and Snowy starts preparing for his morning walk. It starts with him giving me occasional glances with his soft misty eyes....full of expectation.

Reminding me that walking is essential for him and good for me.

He will then head for the drawing room, sniffing his way into the corners of the house....just expressing his longing a bit more. Finally into my bedroom, plonk onto my bed and staring down at my face....repeating the silent words..'Let's go buddy..'

Sometimes mere glances at me lying down will not suffice....then he'll venture to give me an adventurous lick....I'll hide my face in my quilt escaping his licks and tease him a little bit more....smiling all the time.

Finally I get up, and the happiness is apparent on his face....his whole face lights up and with his tongue hanging out...and black eyes glowing at me, he knows it's one step closer to his walk...

I have to give food to my fish too and few other miscellaneous work which takes roughly 10 minutes. All this time Snowy is seated expectantly on one of the chairs in the lobby. In between he alights and comes bounding into my room to inquire what the hell is holding me up?

Inquisitive looks and a few flashy eye stares, sometimes impatient glares, short nippy barks and he rushes back on his anointed place on one of the chairs....

As soon as he sights me coming out in to the drawing room, he leaps with unending happiness and starts jumping up with joy. In his excitement he'll bend on his front legs in excitement, in a playful mood, giving me short sharp barks of joy full of anticipation and playful posture....

Finally both of us are ready for the morning walk and after a few pats and anxious joyful barks we're out in the open, ready to hit the road...... :)

Cheers.....

No comments:

Post a Comment