Sunday 28 April 2013

Thriving India....the night life through my prism.......

Last night was a crazy one....before you jump to any conclusions....I had gone to Barakhamba Road (New Delhi) for a private screening of the movie Django Unchained. After the screening got over it was almost half past ten......
On an impulse I decided to try the night life of Delhi.....on foot. Walking the by- lanes just next to Barakhamba metro station, I saw several make shift eatery stalls.....what struck me most was the thriving business on all these stalls. The young, old both thronged them and were oblivious of anything else.
On the last stall I too stopped to find out what was cooking.
A young man hardly 23 years of age was selling eggs, noodles, and bread with it....
The flame on his gas was burning bright and he was cheerfully making bread with omelettes, lots of chilies thrown in and piping hot. As I stopped near him, he casually asked me, 'What will you have? Try the omelette, I can assure you it's good.'
Too good to resist and boy was I hungry....
'Alright make me an omelette with bread.'
He had this cheeky streak in him that held me spellbound. The way he mixed the eggs and tossed the omelette up in the air before mixing the cut chilies, salt, onion in it....was phenomenal. Such enterprise...
After exactly 2 minutes my omelette with bread was ready, steaming hot and ready for consumption.
'Here you are...let me know how you liked it.' He smiled as he handed it over to me.

                                                                           




As I dug my teeth in it, I realized how tasty the whole thing was. As I ate my way through my meal, with the cool breeze blowing over my face, I saw the thriving business, the young crowd milling all around, everybody enjoying their meals, enjoying life.......
Some of them had purchased beer cans and were having their omelettes washed down with beer.
So this was young India, the Aam Aadmi, carefree, thriving, industrious, work hard by day, party hard by night.......
I remembered the words of Rahul Gandhi....the India as he had seen was hopeful, thriving, and industrious... so maybe this was the India through his prism.....
I liked what I saw......beautiful, thriving, hopeful... Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment